RT @salthorne: So pleased that CNA is proposing to expand its tent to include all registered nursing designations. The excitement in BC aro…
Knowledge Translation in Action: Improving the Quality of Care at the End of Life
The intent is to:
- Collaboratively engage in a reflexive, critical assessment of current EOL care, and existing KT strategies;
- Formulate an action plan to challenge and overcome limitations and constraints of current thinking and practice in EOL care; and
- Develop new ideas, strategies, practices and institutional arrangements for KT.
- Exploring their values, beliefs, assumptions and practices around care of the dying in order to sensitize them to the challenges and opportunities that arise in caring for the dying and their families;
- Envisioning a transformed practice that would enable them to facilitate excellence in care of the dying with the front-line staff with whom they work; and
- Developing KT strategies for care improvement that are relevant, sustainable, and take into account the realities of their current health care practice environments.