http://t.co/YoNrQL5Pfm | Researcher searches for global views of nurses' end-of-life care for patients | "We rely on the patients' VOICE"
News & Events
- Office (3)
- Research (0)
- News (5)
We are a group of nurse researchers, practitioners, and administrators who share a common goal of advancing the further integration of a palliative approach into the healthcare system. As a team we began to officially work together in January 2011 after receiving funding from the Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research. Members of our team share a commitment to enhancing the care of those with chronic life-limiting conditions, a passion for providing quality end-of-life care, and an absolute belief in nurses’ capacity to effect change in positive ways. Our program of research is strongly practice-oriented, meant to inform, and be informed by clinical practice. We hope that you will engage with us, offer your perspectives, and practice wisdom so that we, together, can generate understandings and evidence to inform practice and policy and decision making to make improvements to the care of people at the end-of-life and their family members.
The iPANEL Advisory Board was established to oversee the direction of this research initiative, to monitor its progress, and to offer advice and guidance to the research investigative team as needed. The board meets 4 times a year, has agreed on a terms of reference, and has a varied and skilled membership. All of the members have advanced knowledge, expertise and experience in the health care arena that will benefit the team as well as the process and outcomes of the project.
- Affiliates (20)
- Slideshow (4)
- Publications (9)
- Past Presentations (18)
- Team Academic (8)
- Staff (1)
iPANEL Webinars - Hosted by InspireNet
Our monthly webinars will feature a variety of topics on a Palliative Approach that will be aimed at encouraging collaborative dialogue that informs both research and practice. The general format will be a 30 minute presentation followed by a 30 minute focused discussion. All webinars are the 4th Tuesday of the month from 1400-1500 (unless otherwise indicated).
In case you cannot make these live events - you can always view our archived webinars on the iPANEL Action Team site within InspireNet - Click HERE to learn more about past webinars and how to view them.
Archived iPANEL Webinars
All InspireNet hosted webinars are recorded and stored within our iPANEL Action Team Webinar Archive. So - if you can't join us for the live events - you can always go back and watch the ones you missed. To view any archived webinar please follow this LINK to our InspireNet Action Team Site. To obtain access to this archive you must first be an InspireNet member - if you are not a member please follow the instructions below:
- Go to http://www.inspirenet.ca/user/register to become a member of InspireNet - this is a free membership.
- Once you are a member and are logged in - click on the "My Teams" tab on the top left hand corner of your page.
- If you scroll down the page you will see a blue box on the lefthand side entitled, "Please add me to..." this allows you to join any Action Team on the InspireNet Website. Click on iPANEL
- It may take up to 48 hours for you to be added to the iPANEL Action Team, but once this is done you will receive an email indicating that you have been added.
- Now when you login to InspireNet you can go to the "My Team" tab and scroll down to the bottom of the page to see the list of teams to which you belong - simply click on iPANEL and you can see the link for our Archived Webinars there.
To view any of the following archived Webinars please follow the instructions above.
- Archived iPANEL Webinars (11)
- Graduate Students (3)